Senior Swim Recap

Senior swimmers aspect on there swimming careers

As swim comes to an end for the swimmers at Jd, this is the end of swimming in high school for our seniors. Jasper Abanto, Jacob Anderson, Julia Cunnungham, Jacob Galang, Minh Hang, Eoghan Kelly, Abby Lockingen, Bea Pascual, Joey Shami, Kaz Swick, Thais Tosolini, Thaia Tsandes, and Audery Weller. With 13 seniors this year on the team, each one of them having swim affect them in a different way. They have had swimmers who have been on the swim team all four years and swimmer who have just joined, all of them who have had swim experiences before high school. There is people as low 3 years and as high as 16 years 

Swim has helped our seniors this year create very strong bonds with their closest friend and showed them the value of hard work. “ It’s the reason I have met my best friends.”(Thaia Tsandes) With swimming you have to put in the work to get anything out of it, you have to show up to practice and try so you can get better. “Swimming has also allowed me to learn the value of hard work”(Joey Shami) You are competing to drop milliseconds. Every single one of our seniors this year has tried and put in the effort, all of us have worked our butts off to be where we are today. 

A Lot of us have come form a club of USA team and with high school swimming you have this pressure taken off of you and have more fun while doing it. “High school swim isn’t as stressful since there are relays at every meet and the events are shorter which makes it a lot more fun for me.”(Audrey Weller) Swimming has affected all of the seniors in a positive and negative light. With the stress it brings to get the best times every time and not always being able to do that. “ other hand I can also put a lot of pressure on myself which affects me negatively.” (Julia Cunnungham) Then also being able to make a second family that you can always count on and making these friends that will last a lifetime. “swimming has connected me to my closest friends. I consider my teammates a second family.”(Bea Pascual) We have had people almost quite and then end up staying for the for the people, or as Eoghan Kelly said, “then Jack Bulf ( junior on the swim team) beat me in the 500 twice so then I knew I had to stay and whoop his butt.” 

Every single one of our seniors, Jasper Abanto, Jacob Anderson, Julia Cunnungham, Jacob Galang, Minh Hang, Eoghan Kelly, Abby Lockingen, Bea Pascual, Joey Shami, Kaz Swick, Thais Tosolini, Thaia Tsandes, and Audery Weller, have worked hard this year come support senior night January 20 and regions January 28.