Introducing The Media Club

Juan Diego’s New Videography and Photography Club

JDCHS Media

Student-Taken Photo of Graduation 2022

Attention aspiring photographers, editors and film enthusiasts alike – Juan Diego has a new opportunity for you to explore and sharpen your skills.

The Juan Diego Media Club is a student-focused, beginner-friendly community for those who would like to expand their knowledge on anything from photography to drones. The club is run by our photography teacher, Mr. Salman Sayyed.

Example of Student Work from the Media Team (JDCHS Media)

Mr. Sayyed is passionate about photography and videography, as well as sharing his expertise. “Whatever I know, I can share with students,” he says. Mr. Sayyed wants students to use photography to document what’s happening around campus.  “A lot of good students (and) a lot of good things happen at school but they don’t get a lot of coverage”, he notes. 

The Media club will cover how to handle a camera, shoot photos and videos, digital editing and even drone etiquette. Participants will have complete creative freedom as well as professional advisory. “You come up with the ideas, I’ll come up with the explanations and I’ll teach you,” says Mr. Sayyed. “I’m not like a teacher or an instructor, I’m more like a supporter who’s supporting what (the students) want to do,” Mr. Sayyed explains.

You come up with the idea, I’ll come up with the explanations and I’ll teach you

— Mr. Sayyed

All equipment will be provided; the Media Club serves both beginners and experienced photography students. As Mr. Sayyed says, “Anyone can join.” Participants’ work will be credited to them and featured around campus, on Juan Diego social media, and through the Juan Diego marketing team.

This is an amazing opportunity for anyone to get started with digital media. If you are interested in participating in Media Club, contact Mr. Sayyed at [email protected], or stop by a club meeting any Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. in the Labyrinth.