The Big Ask

What it is like to get asked to dances from Freshman to Senior year

Asking someone by placing a poster on someones doorstep is a very common.

Homecoming, Winters, Prom. The three times of the year when everyone has their eye out for the best outfits, dresses, and who will be in their group. The main part of it though is who is asking who and how they are asking someone to a dance. Boys and girls have to worry about getting supplies, making the ask, and going to the person and putting it all on the line and asking them. People from

Every single year the asks are getting more and more creative.

freshman to seniors always feel joy in being asked to a dance and it never gets old.

“Being asked to homecoming now is just as exciting now as it was three years ago,” Senior Clara Arnold said. “Homecoming is just fun in general and knowing someone wants to hangout with you for that night feels really good and makes you happy,” Arnold finished. Being a senior doesn’t mean that being asked to homecoming loses its spark. Having that one person who wants to spend the night with you is a really good feeling and it never gets old. People still keep their posters and that will always be a momento of going to the dance.

“Getting asked for the first time was really exciting,” Freshman Ella Schorlemmer said. “I didn’t really know what to think because it was the first time, but it is just so fun and I can’t wait,” Ella explained. For the Freshman this is a really new experience for them. It is their first experience of getting all dressed up for a school dance. They finally get to know what it is like to be going to this dance with their date and their friends.

People also place the asks on people cars, so the person being asked can see it after school.

Getting asked to homecoming is so exciting, for every grade. Going in a group with all of your friends and their dates is always something to look forward to. From pictures to going to the dance there is always something to look forward to. Even if you don’t go with a date it will still be fun. Getting a group together of your best girl-friends or making it a time for the boys, people will always find something fun out of going to a dance. Dances will always be a fun event that will live on in your memories forever.