Speaking Eagle

All are Welcome

What happens in Father Dominic's masses in the chapel.

Back to Article
Back to Article

All are Welcome

One email, two, now three. The steady stream of messages from our own Father Dominic Briese, a theology teacher and priest for Juan Diego campus, is offering mass services in the chapel is always in your school inbox. Back in January, Father Dominic began to offer these masses a few times a week during the day, and has since started offering them at 7:15 before school on B and C days, as well as during second lunch on A days.

“I have the privilege and the responsibility to offer mass everyday,” Father Dominic stated. “So after speaking with some of the other teachers and staff of the Skaggs Catholic Center, we decided to offer mass here in the Juan Diego chapel at different times of the week to give the students, faculty, and staff the opportunity to attend mass and further develop their (relationship) with God,” Father Dominic continued. “Also people have asked me to offer masses for particular intentions and this gives us an opportunity to fulfill those requests,” Father Dominic finished.

Father Dominic does not necessarily just offer the masses for the students and other staff members, he enjoys them himself. “My favorite part about the masses in our beautiful chapel is being with the students, faculty, and staff that attend,” Father Dominic said. “But also being the instrument through which God feeds His people in Word and Sacrament,” Father Dominic finished.

The attendance size varies between the morning and noon masses. “There is a nice mixture of students and faculty/administration at the masses before school,” Father Dominic said. “When masses occurs during the day some teachers bring their entire class. In any case, all are always welcome,” Father Dominic concluded.

The masses offered are a good way to get in touch with your the religious community in Juan Diego as well as your own faith. Even when there aren’t any masses are going on, you can still stop into the school chapel, but if you ever see an email in your inbox from Father Dominic offering mass, and have the opportunity to attend, feel free because everyone is welcome.